Most entertainment centers rest against one wall, but corner entertainment centers nestle in the 90 degrees between two adjoining walls. What seems like an awkward piece of furniture can actually be a great space saver and has recently been relied on by interior decorators add dimension to an otherwise ordinary room. When shopping for your entertainment cabinet or shelves, you will want to take into account the shape of your room and the other furnishings. All accounted for, you may find that corner entertainment centers or TV stands are your best bet.
Pros of a Corner Entertainment Center
Whether you are shopping for an entertainment center or an entire new living room furniture set, your room can benefit from the addition of corner center.
* Space Saving – The corner of a room can be an awkward place to try to position furniture. By finding a piece that fits perfectly into that area, you can avoid trying to position your sofa and chair around this difficult angle.
* Leaves Wall Space Available – If you are able to put your television, radio, and other electronics in the corner, you can use the rest of your wall space for art, shelves, and more. This makes decorating far easier.
* Adds Dimension – By positioning your entertainment center in the corner, you add an unexpected element to your living room. It also softens the sharp edges of the room, giving it a more inviting, comfortable feeling.
* Versatility – As corner entertainment centers become more and more popular, it is easy to find the centers in all different kinds of shapes sizes and materials. You can find centers that match almost any furniture style and can usually find furniture sets that also have corner options.
Picking a Corner Entertainment Center
Use these tips to find the best piece of furniture for your home:
* Try drawing a sketch of a room before you add any new piece of furniture. You can try both a standard and a corner model. You will be able to see how the rest of the furniture will be arranged to accommodate your new piece of furniture. By getting a visual representation of your new living room before you commit to purchasing new furniture, you can be sure that you will enjoy your new arrangement to its fullest.
* Double check the measurements for your electronics before you purchase your furniture. Some electronics need a certain about of room above and behind the machine to allow for proper air circulation. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for proper set up to find the right measurements for your machines.
* Check the aesthetics of your room before you make any large furniture purchases. Make sure that the finish on your center will go well with your flooring, drapes or blinds, paint, and other furniture. You may love that cherry TV stand, but it could clash with hues that are more subdued.
Once you’ve found the right piece of furniture for your home, you can start using all the space you saved to add shelving, book cases, or accent tables. These extras can add personality to your home that a large rectangular entertainment center wouldn’t be able to provide. Your corner entertainment furniture can help you bring more of your interests and taste into your living area, making it more comfortable for you and your family.
Chuck is an interior decorator who has worlds of experience in interior design. Believe it or not, his expertise is in entertainment centers [http://www.entertainmentcenters123.com]. If you’re interested in learning all about the entertainment center [http://www.entertainmentcenters123.com] world, turn to EntertainmentCenters123.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Chuck_Topanga/327766